Thursday, May 24, 2012

Peace, I'm Out


It's been great. I'll see you in the future.
I was blowing up an inflatable kiddie pool and listening to Eli, a hacker from the group MOD who was featured on This American Life for breaking into dozens of high profile organizations, when I decided to write this post. 

(Also, he could be one of the most interesting men in the world to listen to; if you’re interested in breath of fresh life click on this link and skip to minute 38 of the podcast. If you can find out the name of the classical song playing in this podcast, I’ll give you $10. This is arguably the best song ever made, maybe even better than Claire de Lune.)

Anyway, it’s been a while since I’ve last posted. I haven’t really been less environmental, perhaps, I’ve even been more into the movement that I’ve ever been before. Yet, I have no new insight to really share with you. If you want to save the planet all you have to do is expend around 6,000 pounds of carbon dioxide equivalent each year. This will make your emissions fit within the Kyoto Protocol targets. If you’re interested in learning how to do that, I’m just a middle man, the good shiza comes from  reading “How Bad Are Bananas?,” by Mike Berners-Lee.

I wish all of you glorious luck on whatever endeavors you may have to live life well. I’m going to take a break for awhile to think about what my next endeavor on the blogosphere should entail. I recognize that I’m too much of a virtual extrovert to hang up sharing what I deem to be valuable insight for long. But now that I know how I, as an individual, and you, as an individual can save the world, I feel a new mission is in the making.

If any of you loyal blog readers have any specific revelations worth speaking of or can tangibly grasp any areas of injustice that you think are worth bringing up, please share. I’d be delighted. See I was born into a family where my father and his brothers always fixed things, and they did so wonderfully. It’s in my DNA to want to fix this government, this world, this GDP first way of life. And now that the biggest puzzle piece, for me, of how to live in a manner in which I coexist with my planet is extant, I say “Peace, I’m out.” I look forward to your prospective readership in other travels for the grand pursuit of happiness.  

1 comment: