Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Hey taxpayer: my power lies in your hands

Commonwealth of Virginia taxpayers, I could give you a big smooch because your generosity is making me greener. Twelve hours ago I became a VA Green Power purchaser and the feasibility of it all rests on your shoulders. See, I’ve been credited $273.55 in fuel assistance through March 31st, which means every dime of my power bill is being paid by the state of Virginia – a.k.a. fractions of your paycheck.

I’m happy to use your hard earned money for a good cause and once again I thank you. Here’s how it works in a nutshell: every kilowatt hour I consume, I spend an additional 1.5 cents on my power bill to subsidize renewable energy that will be brought to our power grid. If you’d like to learn more about the details click here.

I know everybody isn’t fortunate enough to be as poor as me, so not all of you qualify for the mega-awesome transfer payments and living subsidies I get, but in case you have hearts of gold, or even hearts of Gaia, I really think you should look into green power purchasing. It makes your soul feel like its snowboarding.

Go Planet! Go Taxpayer! GoBama!

No comments:

Post a Comment