Monday, January 24, 2011

Money at stake for ‘Food Game’ - Blog followers may earn dividends

On Feb. 1, I will begin “Food Game.” An epic challenge aimed at determining the distance my food travels before I consume it. Join me in my endeavors to cut back on the miles food travels, from coast to kitchen, to earn a supreme prize. Or simply earn dividends from my blunders...

Rationale: Greenhouse gases are emitted when food is grown, packaged, and transported. If we can lessen the distance food travels to get to our plates, we can make this earth more hospitable.

Rules: Pick 20. I am going to pick 20 days, in February, where I have to account for the distance travelled of all the food I have consumed. Which means I will have eight days that will go unaccounted for, (freebie days) so I can still eat out and not completely destroy my social wellbeing.

If I am unable to find out where a food comes from, for example if the food is not labeled or the identifying information is not known, I have to successfully research and determine its origins, otherwise I will owe money to all of my blog followers.

Dividends for blog followers: I will pay out 50 cents to my blog followers for every food item that I cannot determine its place of origin.

CHALLENGE WITH PRIZE: I am willing to offer any challengers who are ready to vie for the battle of a lifetime, the SUPREME PRIZE, if their overall food consumption in February requires less total miles travelled than that of mine. The prize will be $3.33 and a “Mr. Brewski says ‘Beer is Good’” t-shirt (men’s small). If you are interested in some healthy competition email stevenabert@gmail.com before Feb. 1.



The Supreme Prize, is the most coveted of all blog give-aways. Planet Wisely followers have begun salivating at the prospect of bringing home the bacon, so to speak.

1 comment:

  1. Hello. I'm new to blogging so I was wondering if you would follow me and in return il follow you.

    ReplyDelete